For Students & Teachers
Educational Resources While Sheltering in Place
During the COVID-19 pandemic, free resources are available for families, students, and educators.
- Click here for the Smithsonian's digital resources, including the learning lab with new activities featured every week and free podcasts.
- Click here for the Library of Congress' digital resources, including access to free classic children's books, current exhibitions, and more than 400 digital collections.
- Click here for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's digital resources, including virtual trips to the Arctic and map-based lessons.
- Click here for National Aeronautics and Space Administration's digital resources, including out-of-this-world tours, augmented reality activities, science experiments, and ebooks.
- While libraries are physically closed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, there are many online options.
Emergency-Related Education Resources
Caring for Children During a Disaster
- Click here for advice from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on helping children cope with emergencies.
Federal Student Aid
- Click here for COVID-19 information from the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Federal Student Aid.
Bay Area School Meal Pickups
Below is a compilation of Bay Area school meal pick-ups during the COVID-19 shelter-in-place period, courtesy of Silicon Valley Strong.
Below you'll find information about provisions enacted as part of Congress’s response to COVID-19, courtesy of the House Committee on Education and Labor.